Salmon, walnuts, flax seeds, and more. Omega-3 fatty acids have been found to have a number of positive health benefits. With triglyceride lowering, brain boosting, and inflammation reducing properties, omega-3’s rule the “fats” world. The richest sources of omega-3 come from fish, such as salmon (wild caught), tuna, anchovies, sardines, and mackerel. Increasing fish consumption is healthy, but with concerns of mercury it is important to limit to 2-3 times per week, especially for pregnant women and children. For non-fish sources of omega-3 look no further than walnuts, flax seeds, and canola oil.
Cook omega-3 rich meals and snacks tonight!
- Baked salmon rubbed with canola oil and spices
- Tuna salad with vegetables, walnuts, and flax seeds
- Tuna salad stuffed avocados
- Salmon burgers
- Walnut crusted salmon
- Walnuts, almonds, dried fruit
- Basil Walnut Pesto
- Flax seed and walnut granola
Check out this recipe: